An electric chainsaw is a chainsaw that doesn’t require liquid fuels to work. A chainsaw is a vital cutting tool that all homeowners should have. There are two main types of chainsaws electric and petrol. A question that is frequently asked is which is better electric or petrol chainsaws? Electric chainsaws are perfect for homeowners who like to take care of all of their gardening needs themselves. They provide enough power to manage light-to-medium cutting jobs around the garden. Electric chainsaws are ideal for pruning, felling small trees and even cutting up logs for the fire.
Electric chainsaws have many advantages over petrol chainsaws;-
- They are much quieter while in operation – avoiding noise levels and complaints from neighbours. This also means that no ear protection is necessary when in use.
- They are user-friendly and reliable.
- An electric chainsaw has no exhaust and emits no fumes meaning you won’t have to inhale them whilst in operation. This also makes means they are safer for the environment.
- They require very little maintenance and far less upkeep in comparison to petrol chainsaws.
- They are much more inexpensive as they require less expensive components, less maintenance, and you don’t need to go out and buy fuel at a petrol station.
- Electric chainsaws are compact and lightweight.
- Our electric chainsaws are extremely comfortable to use and have ergonomic designs.
- Simple to start and operate- Just plug into an available power source, check the chain and press the ‘ON’ button.
- Electric chainsaws last a long time without use in comparison to petrol chainsaws as there are no issues with fuel going bad.
- They are extremely portable – due to being lightweight and generally much smaller than their petrol counterparts.
STIHL battery powered chainsaws meet the demanding requirements placed on performance, innovation and convenience. The Stihl MSA 160 T Chainsaw 12″ is a high cutting performance machine that is very quiet and has a soft grip handle. The Stihl MSA 160 C-BQ Chainsaw 12″ is perfect for property maintenance, horticulture, cutting wood for the fire and sawing work in enclosed areas. The Stihl MSA200 C-BQ Chainsaw 14″ has high torque and excellent cutting capacity which is great for dealing with a range of tasks. This chainsaw is perfect to use in noise sensitive areas due to its quiet EC motor.
The electric chainsaw is a great innovation that has become synonymous with homeowners who are passionate about keeping their garden looking its best. Electric Chainsaws are one of those necessities for garden landscaping and home upkeep. They are ideal for a variety of tasks, but they aren’t for everyone and aren’t suitable for every job. When deciding whether or not you want to invest in this type of chainsaw consider your budget and your cutting needs.
If you have any questions relating to electric chainsaws call us on 021-496-5132 or visit us online today to see our full range of chainsaws.