Buying a chainsaw can be an overwhelming task for anyone but there are a lot of things to consider when buying a chainsaw that will make the purchase easier. Chainsaws come in a range of different sizes, with different features, different functions and different types. We are here to help you make better-informed decisions in relation to getting a chainsaw. Here are 3 variables to consider when buying the perfect chainsaw.
When involved in the buying process of a chainsaw it is pivotal to ask yourself plenty of questions but also the right ones. Some of the questions you must ask yourself as the consumer are:-
- What will you primarily be using it for? Is it a big job or small job in my garden or is it some professional work? The nature of the work you will be doing should have a major impact on the chainsaw you pick. The job requirements and specification should be able to be catered for by the chainsaws abilities and features.
- What is your experience using a chainsaw? Are you comfortable holding a chainsaw? There are lots of different types of chainsaws with different features. Some chainsaws are easier to control than others so this should be taken into account also.
- What type of wood will you be cutting with this chainsaw? Softwood or hardwood? Big trees or small trees? If you are cutting big thick trees or pieces of wood then a more powerful chainsaw with sharper teeth would be suitable.
There are four types of chainsaws to choose from. Different types of chainsaws are optimal in different environments and have different features.
- Battery powered chainsaws
- Domestic/property chainsaws
- Agricultural/landscaper chainsaws
- Professional/forestry chainsaws
Features are what make products unique. Every product is manufactured with different features so it is about deciding what ones you want and would like your chainsaw to have?
- Safety features- Some chainsaws have special safety features incorporated into them to prevent accidents from occurring. For example kickback guards, chain brakes, throttle locks, easily accessible stop control and many more.
- Anti-vibration system to make it easier to control and reduce user fatigue.
- Reduced noise feature so it isn’t very loud and endangers the users hearing.
- Reduced emission technology to be environmentally responsible.
- Large handles making it easy to grip.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- Replaceable “In Tank” Fuel and Oil Filters lower cost and are easy to maintain.
Here are some of the features that different Stihl chainsaws have but there are many more.
When trying to choose the right chainsaw for your work, it is important to consider these three important variables and know in the detail the tasks you will be carrying out. For more information on chainsaws call us on 021-496-5132 or visit us online today.