If you are looking to buy a ride on lawn mower, Cork’s Douglas Forest and Garden have the best quality tractor mowers available. This includes Stihl and Club Cadet Tractors. We also service and repair lawn mowers, which is why we stand by these manufacturers for their efficiency and reliability.
We also stock ride on lawn mower accessories including sprayers, sweepers and trailers, so that you can get the most out of your tractor. While we are based in Cork, all of our ride on lawn mowers come with free delivery to anywhere in Ireland. Visit us online now to view our full range of tractor mowers.
How to Choose a Ride On Lawn Mower
Anyone with a sizable garden knows the pain of managing a lawn with a regular push lawn mower. Here are a few pointers to help you evaluate if a ride on lawn mower is best suited to you.
- Evaluate the length and width of your garden. One acre is equal to roughly 4,046 square metres.
Multiply the length of your garden by the width in metres and divide your total by 4,046 to determine the size of your garden in acres.
A medium-small garden is one which is under half an acre in size.
- A ride on lawn mower is best suited to a larger space, which is anything over half an acre.
- Ride on lawn mowers are pricier and require maintenance, including blade sharpening.
This is something we cover at Douglas Forest and Garden.
- Check the cutting width of each model. A larger cutting width will mean fewer passes to finish the job.
- Search YouTube for amateur reviews of the model you are interested in. You can often find helpful tips and suggestions. Here is an example.
Ride On Lawn Mowers Cork
Follow this link to view our full range of ride on lawn mowers. If you have any questions about any of our models or our free delivery service, please contact us on 021 4965132 We also provide lawn mower repairs and servicing.